Sunday, July 8, 2007

Wedding stuff

Today I'm working on wedding things for Riannes wedding. As I was organizing my thoughts and to do list this morning I realized that this is my one and only niece getting married. This is the one time I will get to host a bridal shower, help plan without being a part, share in the excitement and be a part of her big day and not be so stressed out I can't think past the next 15 minutes. WOW the thought of this made me so excited. I hadn't thought of it that way and suddenly it hit me. Nothing can be to big, to difficult, to much or too small. This is it and so I will give Rianne the best, the best of my time, the best of my idea's, the best of everything I can.

I'm trying not to inject my opinions unless asked which is really really hard for me. Jen has done a great job of being organized and staying true to Rianne and who she is with the theme of the wedding and to be considerate of all involved. Ok on to the good stuff.....

Here is my morning project, what do you think?


I've taken a picture stem and placed the table cards on it. Jen is going to have all the table identified by Beach's at the reception. I also took brown and green (the wedding colors) raffia and tied it along with a sea shell to each card. I am then going to place 2 beach pictures of Joe and Rianne on the holder and place one stem on each table. This card happens to read Dana Point. I think its ads to the theme and just gives it something extra. Too much?

The picture stem I found at TJMaxx one of my favorite stores. The cards are just regular card stock and the shells are from various vacations we've collected shells from. We have bowls of the around the house. I think I'll print the cards and have the bridesmaids glue the shells and tie the Raffia. It's an easy enough project that they can all do it together. Or maybe I'll just do it and get it out of the way. We'll see I'm on to my nest project.

Favors for the bridal shower. Tell me what you think. I found these great gift boxes at a Hawaiian fabric shop. Then I went to Michaels and picked up a couple of flowers that were in sale bin and picked off just the flower part. I then bought a bag of jewels and gems and place one in the middle of each flower.

No comments: