Thursday, July 5, 2007

4th of July

4th of July was spent on my sisters boat in Newport Beach. What a great view of the fireworks. I actually took my first trip to sea on their boat. I usually request that we stay within the Marina but it was a holiday and I felt like being a little adventurous so off we went. I did fairly well as long as I could see the shoreline. I have to admit at one point I got a little tired and closed my eyes and leaned on Robert and quickly sat up. I started to get a little queasy. Not very good sea mate I've decided. Oh well it was fun and I made it through it.

Robert bbq'd and I made potato salad and of all things Jen made jello salad I was quite proud of her she never makes that sort of thing, she did however make her Kahlua pork. Dayna made little heart red white and blue cakes that were very good. Sina and her kids were there so it was a full boat. We ended the night with our annual 4th of July trivia game and then the Newport Dunes fireworks show.

No comments: