Monday, April 7, 2008

When I wish upon a star.....

I wish I wish I wish.....

I've just returned from the doctors. Last week I had finally had enough of not feeling well and went to the doctors. I had a battery of blood and urine test done and the out come is that I'm on insulin. Very small doses. My glucose level checked in way over the number it should be at and I'm already taking Metformin. Not fun. I'm now testing myself self 3x daily along with taking insulin at each check point. I've just returned home from the doctors after one week of being on insulin and I was able to lower the number by 200. I am extremely tired the doctor is a bit confused with that only to say that my body adjusted so well to being diabetic that all other levels checked in fine because body adjusted to the high glucose count that maybe now that it is trying to regulate to a more normal number but body is once again adjusting which may be causing all the other side effects i am having. We are going to monitor it for this week and if nothing then they will check me into the hospital. Kind of a relief because I was totally prepared to be admitted this week. I have about 2 or 3 good hours a day where I feel good aside from that I'm exhausted and just want to lay down not to mention my stomach feels like its constantly turning. I'm going to ask Robert to give me a blessing tonight. I need to focus on work and other things and can't really afford to be down like this too many other things going on. So if I had a wish it would nothing elaborate just to be able to focus and not be tired on a daily basis. Not much :)

No comments: