Monday, February 18, 2008

Sunday....

The 2008 Primary Theme

I was set apart today for my calling at church. I'm officially in Primary. My calling includes, the inservice leader which I believe as explained is that I am to each quarter have a meeting with all of the primary teachers and leaders. At this meeting I am to give words of encouragement and kind of like train the trainers type thing. The second part of my calling is that I am the Achievment Leader that works with the girls ages 8 to 11 and every other Wednesday I meet with them. My first task there is to catch those girls up who are behind for whatever reason. I am also planning a "Spot light Night" for the girls at the end of April for those girls that will be leaving and going on to Mutual. The last part of my calling is to sub in for any teachers that are going to be out. Well there you have it. Or I guess you can say I have it. I went on line today to see what the various LDS sites offer by way of tips and such. Lots of things - most of all organization. I'm going to try and plan out a year of activities and such so that I can just follow along for the year rather than come up with things at the last minute. I'll try and work on that this week and see if I can't submit something to the presidency next week for approval.

After Sacrament today the Bishop asked me if I would speak at the Bishops Fireside tonight. Our ward ends at 2:30 PM we ran alittle over and by the time I was set apart after sacrament meeting it was well after 3PM. So you see I have oh about 2 hours to prepare something. I started to create a power point but then realized I didn't have a projector and so things just went from there. My topic as assigned was about my carreer and then bring it into social net working which for kids it means myspace, facebook and peebo. It was alittle surprising to me that these kids actually thought that they were protected by "privacy" ha were they in for an eye opener. I think it went well but speaking to kids and adults is very different. Keeping their attention for one hour is always very difficult. For the most part they were engaging and we had laughter and thats always a good sign. Oh and did I mention I brough candy bars and so yes that was a hit :)

I've also decided that I might move up the famly reunion. To wait that long just seems odd to me. What the heck.

No comments: