I am thrilled that Dayna has found someone that will love her as much as she loves him. I am excited, nervous, thrilled, scared and every other emotion you can gather up and put into one. To imagine the child that you've had, raised and sent out into the world will begin another part of life is amazing. I've always said that when you have a child they are yours forever. I still believe this but now we will have Dayna plus 1. That's not bad, just different. Lucky for me I have girls. And girls getting married and having a family of their own is easier I think on the parents then having a boy and loosing him to his wife and her family.
A son is a son until he takes a wife and daughter is a daughter her entire life.
We don't know Jason that well. We've had him over and met he and Dayna over various family functions. He seems like a good balance for Dayna and of course I think Dayna is a great balance for anyone. She has so many great qualities. She is a very strong willed girl, one that sets her sights on a target and doesn't stop until she has what she wants. She is determined, motivated and accomplished. She's active, educated, cultured and well traveled. She comes from a very active supportive family. She has an extended family that spans the world and also part of the "village raising a child".
Having grown up in the LDS church she knows right from wrong with strong convictions for good versus evil. She has been allowed to follow her heart and make her own choices with her parents, family and friends behind her to support her in those choices. She has changed her direction in the past year and I believe Jason has had a good hand in influencing her with some of those changes at least moving forward we will believe that :). Dayna has seen the world from different views and come to her own conclusions. Right wrong or indifferent they are her own. They are what make her unique and special.
She has come full circle with her faith. I believe this is a good thing to have a testimony that is yours alone and not borrowed from your parents, your teachers and so on. Her testimony is solid it is in tact and wont be rocked because she grew it herself. She loves with all of her heart and with every fiber of her body. As a parent watching her grow in relationships it was tough at times but knowing that one day someone special will be on the other end of that love made it worth the journey.
Jason will be a lucky man to have Dayna. I am confident we are giving him the best, our very best. She is our pride and joy. She is AMAZING, She is our Dayna.
A song that has always reminded me of Dayna:

No comments:
Post a Comment