
Well its been quite awhile since I've had time to get on here but I'll try and update you. It seems the older we get the more we seek family history and family near and far. Interesting story. The other day I was sitting at church in our usual seat and Robert notices an unfamiliar face sitting in the row ahead of us. He greets them and welcomes them to the ward. Mean while I am busy chatting with my friend. Robert then begins to tug at me to get my attention but of course I'm too busy chatting. Well long story short it turns out the man sitting there was my uncle David Hannemann from Hawaii who I hadn't seen in years. He is actually my mothers first cousin. He's 80 years old (or just about) and sharp as a tack. We sat there in church as he wrote notes back and forth to Robert and I about my family tree and reminiscing of when my mother was alive and we would often go to the Wax Museum in Buena Park where he was the Director and then again we would visit him in Hawaii when he returned to PCC. During our visit he also mentioned that uncle Bill Wallace has cancer. The picture there is of Uncle Hannemann giving the prayer at Mufi's (Mayor of Honolulu) Hannemann night of election. It was really nice to chat with him and have him tell me about my Grandmother Jane who served with his mother in the Relief Society and Primary boards for many many years.
1 comment:
Jane,
That was a cool story. Nice to see you updating your blog. We'll see you on here more often, I hope.
Post a Comment