Wednesday, October 18, 2023

 Diabetes sucks!


I've been plagued with this disease for over 20 years.  I've yoyoed with my AIC and diet for years.  I am currently on insulin of 80 units 2x daily.   I exercise daily and try and i do mean TRY to pay attention to what I am eating.  They tell me I am insulin resistant and my pancreas is not working at all.  I've resolved myself with the idea that based on my mother and grandmother longevity is not in the cards for me.  I have days when I think oh hey I can do this and then I have days when I think no no no.   

With my insulin injections at a high dose, I'm putting on weight.  Its not pretty.  At my last doctor's appointment, it was suggested I up my insulin intake and that was enough to send my head spinning.  I quickly asked the doctor about weight gain and his response was that it is secondary to dealing with your AIC.  If we don't get that down everything else will not work.  I broke down.  Weight gain is not something I take well.  Although I am overweight the idea of more weight gain is not something I can handle.  I am in the pool almost every day.  I'm currently waking up at 4 am to be in the pool by 5:15.  I do an hour in the pool averaging about 5400 steps I try and get more but restrict myself to an hour. 

I decided to journal my journey so here I am.   

No comments: