Tuesday, May 10, 2011

Making a cake.....

So I've always wanted to learn how to make really cool cakes.  I always thought I didn't  have the time.  It turns out I don't have the patience for it.  Today I made my first cake from scratch.  Frosting and all (that was the easy part). 

hmm so silly me couldn't wait for the cake to cool down enough and ended up having to put it in the fridge after I decorated it to allow it to actually cool down so the frosting wasn't running down the side of the cake.  Oh well. I will not give up!!!.   I will attempt to make a cake a week and see what happens.  Robert is convinced that when we move to Samoa I will be a master cake maker and everyone who is anyone will come to me.  And because of the speciality of the cake I will only make one cake at a time to allow for each creation to be truly special.  LOL sounds funny but oh well its an idea. 

Not a very pretty cake but its a cake so I will continue on. 

No comments: