Wednesday, October 27, 2010

Starting a new business

Well Here you go. As most of you know I've had this idea of owning a florist since I was in grade school. I've always liked flowers and the way they make you feel. They bring a smile to most people and the smell is such a reminder of good things. Often you can smell a flower close your eyes and remember a really great memory. So anyways I've been toying with the idea of flower lei's for quite some time and really kinda had my first order last year thanks to my sister we were able to get an order from the local high school. This year I've decided to kick things up a notch and market in advance to the local schools as a fundraiser. Here is my first flyer. Let me know what you think. I've got a really great source in Hawaii and things kinda just fell into place. I guess you can say it happened from years and I do means years of my sister and I flying back and forth to Hawaii to hand carry lei's back for our kids graduations. Utterly hundreds of leis. Dayna's highschool graduation every single graduating student had a lei. Then there was Rianne's wedding and you might remember every single guest received a lei again all flown in from Hawaii.

I took a flowering arranging class in high school through our ROP department and I guess you can say there began my interest in flowers which then lead to party planning. When I was first married and starting my family money was always tight and I was always looking for ways to make extra money so one year I hit my parents up during the holiday season and somehow was able to score a job making the center pieces for several big events which actually gave me my Christmas money.
OK off I go to my real job :)

No comments: