
Ok leave it to my sister to throw a party with one week notice. Gotta love her I can do it attitude. But well truth be told I have so many party ideas that what the heck it could be 2 hours notice and we could still do it...LOL
Ok so here goes for ideas. It is a Grandmother Baby Shower - yes you got it right. I actually had to look it up because I had never heard of such a thing but apparently this is a new trend with so many parents returning to work (due to bad economy they state) many grandparents are baby sitting and actually raising their kids kids so there a growing set of grandmothers throwing their own "Grandmother Baby Shower" in order to have all the basics at their house as well. I guess it makes sense?? I'm just going with it as it just another reason to have a party.
So the theme: Its October so why not go with the whole fall look and feel of things. I'm big on using the season as a theme. Decorations are abundant and usually can be found on sale some where. I am thinking for our favors: you guessed it Candy Apples, (for those of you following my blogg you will recall last year we made candly apples for the primary party at church and they were such a hit we made them again for the youth) for the decor, fall leaves and small decorative pumkins. Since this is at a resturant (not my choice) but easy clean up and minimal decorations we don't have to go crazy with everything. For the center of the table along with the fall leaves and think we can use the small pails and fill those with fall candy like candy corn and those cute little pumkin ca
ndies.Along with those pails I thought these litte lanterns would look nice on the table just for a decorative piece to mix things up and add just a bit. I will have to think about what we want the card to say that is attached to the candy apples but I think Jenn is better with that kind of stuff I of course will make the cards but she is good with the wording.
I'm going to run over to the local party store in Newport they always have
really nice decorations for more intimate parties. Everything there is so expensive but they have great ideas. Here is a picture of the lantern which is made of the same metal the little buckets. Oh I will have to remember to go to World Market and pickup those cute little scoopers they have for the buckets so people wont have to dig into each bucket for candy.Oh I should mention that my sister is throwing this party for one of her best friends. That is a good thing to mention since most of you are reading this wondering if my sister is throwing her own Grandmother shower well no she is not it is for Sina.
No comments:
Post a Comment