Thursday, January 5, 2012

Day 5 of the new year

Well I'm keeping up with my water drinking.  I've limited my soda drinking to maybe one or less per day and when I say one I mean a small cup or nothing.  Its really not been bad.  I've actually seen the benefits right away and realize how much better I feel and look without the soda. 

Last month I became really sick and related my illness to consuming too much Dr Pepper in one day. I was in the bathroom for days and sick to my stomach like you wouldn't believe.  Haven't been that ill in quite some time.  Anyways I swore caffeine drinks (no more diet coke) and changed over to Sprite/7up well the only problem with that was that my sugar spiked up and that wasn't working so for the new year I said what the heck and threw out soda all together.  I'm not going to be a fanatic about it. I mean my 1st choice will now be water and it will be OK if every once in awhile I have a soda but I will definitely try and make water my 1st choice.

Yesterday was Danielle's birthday.  27 year ago she was born.  Can't believe I have a 27 year old daughter.  But I say that every year with each birthday.  I called her and it went to voice mail but she called me back and we chatted.  I'm hoping to have her come out and visit in Feb.  We'll see.  I also spoke with Dayna via texting.  Now that was a conversation to laugh about.  Dayna is Dayna.  On and On about the next gift we can give her.  Ohhhh that kid.  She makes me laugh.

No comments: