Friday, December 30, 2011

Fukubukuro

That's my new Japanese word.... I've been talking about it on Facebook and have made a few inquiries as to the actual event.  From what I am told it is a Japanese tradition of retailers selling "Happy Grab Bags" these grab bags are filled with merchandise that is double the value of the contents.  From what I understand from a couple of people that have attended this event at the Ala Moana mall it is well worth the time and effort.  I only have one problem....its only held on the first, January 1st and this year it falls on a Sunday.  Which means I may have to choose between church and this event.  I wouldn't really be that big of a deal but I did just move our records over to our new ward here in Hawaii and of course this would be our first Sunday as members of the ward.  I would hate to think we are no shows because I was too busy shopping at the mall .

No comments: