Yesterday Robert and I sat in front of the computer and listened to Saturday Conference. I missed most of it but caught President Eyrings talk. His topic was living through adversity and being prepared for things. He talked about a family who's father he had spoken to recently had lost his job and yet he was not down when asked how he could be so cheerful he replied he had done all he could to prepare. His wife replied "we are full tithe payers, we will be fine".
This made me think a lot about where Robert and I are and "are we prepared"? I keep meaning to start our food supply and keep putting it off. I am going to make this a priority. But what really caught my attention with his talk is how we should look at things differently and know that we've done all we can and leave the rest to the lord.
This made me think a lot about Roberts parents being here with us and after the talk I realized this is where they should be for many reasons. I have many things I will work on and I will improve upon but mostly I will be prepared. I am thankful I have a home to share. I am thankful that Robert and I are able to help support family members if nothing else at least in spirit. I am thankful we are active members of the church and full tithe payers. I am thankful we are able to accept callings and do our best in serving the lord.
Being prepared...... wheres some paper I need to make a list....LOL
1 comment:
I really enjoyed the conference talks also. I think my favorites were Elder Tom Perry and Jeffrey Holland. Presidents Monsons talks were awesome as well.
Post a Comment