Sunday, August 19, 2007

The past week




WOW what a week. Last saturday we got a call from Fred that the doctors are giving mom weeks if not days before she will be leaving us. Jennifer and I rushed down to see mom. Since then we've kept daily visits and have tried to spend as much time as we can with her. She at moments seems as though she is doing better and coming back but then we have days when we see her suffering and want her to be happy and move to the next world.

Within the same week we've had Riannes wedding. We've had family and friend coming in from all over. Danielle and Dayna are both home, Eliah and his wife Louise are also here with us from New Zealand. Troy has also been with us the whole week and Joe (Rianne's new husband) friend from Utah has been with us all week.

The wedding activites started Tuesday night with Dinner then wednesday we had the temple sealing and photos at the temple following a photo session at the Hotel we had dinner with the entire wedding party. Friday we did it all again with the reception. In between all of this I stayed at the hospital with mom as much as I could. My thinking there was that I'm back to work on Monday and will be very limited to when I can spend the night. I'm struggling with this only because I know I need to be there. I've also considered taking time off from work.

I really wish I had time to spend with the girls while they were home but that didn't happen as Danielle was really good about making time for the family and visiting grandma as often as she could. I really love and admire her devotion to her family. I don't know what I would do without her. Dayna had a friend here as well. She was busy and torn between trying to show her friend a good time and making the most of things with the family. I would have liked her to spend more time with grandma, I know her heart was there with her.

Its been a long week. I'm really tired - I'll write more later. Here are a few pics of the wedding.



1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Oi, achei teu blog pelo google tá bem interessante gostei desse post. Quando der dá uma passada pelo meu blog, é sobre camisetas personalizadas, mostra passo a passo como criar uma camiseta personalizada bem maneira. Se você quiser linkar meu blog no seu eu ficaria agradecido, até mais e sucesso.(If you speak English can see the version in English of the Camiseta Personalizada.If he will be possible add my blog in your blogroll I thankful, bye friend).